advertisement

 

Advertisement



A  group of researchers at Austin's Marine Science Institute from Texas University discover over 20 new species of deep-sea microbes that Consume Methane and butane (popular greenhouse gas) to survive and grow.

The microbes found in the extremely hot deep-sea Sediments located in Guaymas basin in the Gulf of California.

Researchers assume that these microbes are responsible for consuming methane and prevent greenhouse gases from being emitted into the atmosphere and might degrade other harmful chemicals. One day these microbes might help to cut down the greenhouse gases and can be used to cleaning up the oil spills.
As of now only 0.1 percent of World's microbe cultured in the lab but what about the other 99.9 percent which could be thousand even millions in number?
Next
Newer Post
Previous
This is the last post.

Post a Comment

 
Top